Grab Our Button!



Followers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Caretaker Spotlight!

Time for another caretaker spotlight!    Say hello to...

shimmyblister...aka Ella!!!

Ella is the caretaker of Hive 7, a sampler hive.  Here's a little info to get to know her better.

1. Tell us a little about yourself...anything you'd like to share (favorite color, food, drink, hobbies, etc).
I'm Ella. I live in Atlanta with my fiance (referred to on my blog as The Pirate), a cocker spaniel we (usually affectionately but sometimes literally) call Stinky, and an evil tuxedo kitty whose nickname is The Kraken. (She's plotting to take over the world.) I just started avidly quilting and blogging this past summer while on a break from school (teaching not studying).
My favorite colors are red and purple. I'm starting to love tangerine as well. I'm a self admitted chocoholic. Dark chocolate particularly. I don't count white chocolate as being in the chocolate family.
I like coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. This week, I'm into Earl Grey and Peppermint. Not together though.
I'm addicted to ellipses.
I also bellydance in my spare time. I've been doing it for almost nine (eep! nine!) years. It's a lot of fun, and I've met some very cool women through dance. This year I've gotten into Zumba. Could so get addicted to it if my knees could stand it. Ironically, I'm incredibly clumsy and usually have bruises somewhere on my bod.

2. Favorite quilt stuff (designers, fabric line, quilting tips, block/project, etc).
This is a tough one. I love Tula Pink, Heather Ross, Lizzy House, and Anna Maria Horner. Whimsy is big in my house. I have a grandfather clock that looks like it's juggliny.
My favorite recent block was this one for Do.Good. Stitches. (I was super excited to be in the Heal Circle!).  Click here to see the block.
My favorite latest project is Noodlehead's 241 bag. Click here to see!
 It's part of the reason I'm now loving tangerine.

3. What's your quilting style?
Modern? I'm pretty new to this, so I'm not sure what I'd call myself yet.
4. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go?
I've been lucky to travel a lot. I'd love to see Australia (never been) and to go back to New Zealand or to revisit Barcelona or Budapest.

5. If you could have lunch with anyone (dead or alive), who would it be?
Lewis Carroll. Alice in Wonderland is one of my favorite books...and I have a soft spot in my heart for made up words.
6. Tell us about your hive this quarter...and what you love most about the 3x6 bee.
love being in the 3x6 because I get to see some familiar faces and meet new people. I'm hoping to see some of the hive in person at the Sewing Summit.
My hive is full of a lot of amazingly creative women.
Lisaleh from www.modernbalabusta.blogspot.com/ made it to the finals in the mini section of Ellison Lane Quilt's modern mini challenge!
The blocks so far have been beautiful. I can't wait to see them all together. (I'm going to have a fabulous quilt.)

Thanks for asking about me! I'm having a blast as a caretaker of Hive 7!  You can also visit Ella on her blog and on Flickr

Ella - you are such a great caretaker!  Thanks for helping to make the 3x6 bee so fun!

Here is a look at what Hive 7 has been up to this quarter:

Happy Sewing,
the Queen Bees
xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on love for dark chocolate and white chocolate-is-not-chocolate. And Alice in Wonderland is also one of my faves- I just made a cheshire cat block for one of the bees I'm in.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed out loud at white chocolate not being in the chocolate family!! Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun interview! I'm an Ella/Shimmyblister fan :-) And, by the way, I'm awarding your blog with a Leibster Award! Come over and read more about it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *An impressive share, I just given this onto a colleague who was doing a little analysis on this. And he in fact bought me breakfast because I found it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If possible, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more details? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog post!

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Everyone,

    Below are the most recommended BTC exchanges (BUY/SELL):
    Coinbase: $1 minimum trade
    CoinMama

    Get free Bitcoins with the best bitcoin faucet rotator:
    IACBit.org Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete
  6. Water Hack Burns 2 lb of Fat OVERNIGHT

    Over 160000 men and women are hacking their diet with a easy and secret "water hack" to lose 1-2 lbs each and every night as they sleep.

    It's easy and works on anybody.

    This is how you can do it yourself:

    1) Take a clear glass and fill it up half the way

    2) Proceed to use this awesome hack

    so you'll be 1-2 lbs skinnier in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I go to many places in the world in search of delicious food but I loved that food more until I saw your post I saw your post and I tasted the food you made so, I want to say that my best Good experience now I can taste your post better now I don't need to go around for taste. Naughty Girl Gurugram
    VIP Girl Gurugram
    college girl gurgaon
    beautiful Girl Gurgaon
    premium health
    Health Tips
    Rice Cake
    India Rice Cake

    ReplyDelete